Alina Aloma, PhD, LP
- Primary care behavioral health consultation
- Racial/ethnic minority health and multicultural issues
- LGBTQ health
- Chronic illness adjustment and management
- Anxiety and stress
- Insomnia and other sleep problems
I am a licensed psychologist with professional interests in primary care behavioral health consultation, racial/ethnic minority health and multicultural issues, LGBTQ health, chronic illness adjustment and management, anxiety and stress, depression, insomnia and other sleep problems. I also speak Spanish.
Hometown: Ponce, Puerto Rico
Practice philosophy: I enjoy working closely with primary care providers to deliver outstanding patient care. During brief therapy, I join forces with patients to better understand how their thoughts, feelings and behaviors are connected and influenced by their environment. I take into consideration every background identity (gender, race/ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, generation, socioeconomic status, spiritual beliefs, abilities, etc.) to personalize treatment for each patient. I empower patients to utilize their strengths to make desired changes. I also provide patients with additional skills to lower their symptoms and improve their health.
Best part of my work: Seeing patients regain confidence in themselves and begin to fully engage in their lives.
Why I became a provider: Being a psychologist allows me to be there for individuals and support them during their most stressful times. I deeply value helping patients to navigate difficulties and eliminate barriers to their well being.
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI
- Rollins College, Winter Park, FL
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL
- American Psychological Association
- Association of Psychologists in Academic Health Centers
- National Latina/o Psychological Association
Years of experience
Additional languages spoken
- United Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.